How To Use Vitamin C Serum The Right Way
Skincare enthusiast have always been on the lookout for new trends and product launches to get their hands on the next best thing. A powerhouse of skin brightening and glowing properties, vitamin C is an antioxidant that you just cannot miss in your skincare routine and while you are at it, it is also essential to know the best way to use it on the face and a few things to keep in mind as you apply it. You probably know that you should be using a Vitamin C serum in your skincare routine every day. But do you know why? And are you even using it properly. Well, here’s our guide on how to use vitamin C serum on your face.
HOW TO USE VITAMIN C SERUM
As a rule of thumb, skincare products should typically be applied from “thinnest” to “thickest” in terms of consistency
Step 1: Wash your face properly.
Step 2: You should use a toner if you’re a toner person.
Step 3: Apply Vitamin C serum. Pat any excess product onto the top of your hands, neck, and décolletage.
Step 4: Apply your moisturizer which should come after your Vitamin C serum.
Step 5: Apply sunscreen. Let it dry/set.
Step 6: Begin your makeup.
What’s nice about Vitamin C serums is that they can be applied as a base layer underneath whatever products you use in the morning, because the good ones never feel sticky.
How Often Should You Be Using It?
You should use Vitamin C serum every single day for optimum results. It’s worth noting that Vitamin C serum is most effective when your skin is properly exfoliated. The build-up of dead skin cells due to lack of exfoliation can make it difficult for products to penetrate.
VITAMIN C SERUM BENEFITS
Vitamin C helps protect your skin from pollution, ultraviolet light, and free radicals, use it in the morning rather than in the evening. So perhaps you’re wondering what does vitamin c does for your skin? Here’s a list of the benefits.
- Vitamin C is one of the greatest anti-aging ingredients found in nature according to dermatologists.
- After using Vitamin C Serum Immediately you’ll notice an increased radiance and sheen.
- With constant use over a long time, it helps build collagen and increases firmness.
- After just 4-6 weeks, you can expect to see a difference in skin tone and improvement with hyperpigmentation.
- Here’s how dermatologists explained it, Vitamin C sucks up the free radicals that can lead to aging and skin cancer caused by ultraviolet light.
- Products containing Vitamin C also help protect the skin from the effects of pollution.